The Chinese method of tea-making, called "Gong Fu Cha" - "Tea With Great Skill".
The tea-maker must make what they drink, which requires not just knowledge but skill in selecting and using their tools. You can progress quickly to an advanced stage of tea-making in this traditional and ancient art. Which we call as "Cha Yi" in China.
Cha Yi 茶艺, or Tea Art embody a more formal style with roots in Chinese Imperial Culture. Tea art specialists are those who possess professional knowledge about tea, performance, service, and management skills in the tea industry. To put it in another way, tea art is the skill/art about making tea and drinking tea. In 1999, it was included in one of the 1800 occupations in China.
This virtual class and price include:
- Six hours length course.
- A Gai Wan set, includes one Gai Wan, one Gong Dao Bei, two tea cups. (An $60 Value)
- Three high-quality gold award wining gift teas, 15g oolong tea, 15g black tea, 15g pu'er tea (An $48 Value).
- A tea journal (An $24 Value)
- Printable course manual (PDF).
- A certificate of completion issued by Yao Yao.
- USPS Priority shipping cost.
- Learn Chinese tea basics, history and origin
- Learn the processing method for six type of teas.
- Learn Gai Wan brewing skill and cold brewing skills for most type of teas with basic tea etiquette.
- Learn the significant factors that influence the taste of teas, such as the steeping temperature, time, and tea storage.
- Learn the Chinese terminology associated with teaware and evaluation.
Here's what you will be able to do after completing this course:
- Confidently understand Chinese tea culture and tea etiquette.
- Skillfully demonstrate the art of brewing tea.
- Professionally care for and store the tea.
- Utilize Chinese terminology associated with teaware and green tea evaluation.
- Share the Chinese tea culture and the art of brewing with others.
- Enrich and deepen your knowledge of Chinese tea and culture.
How to arrange your course time:
The best suggestion for arranging this course is to divide this six hours course into four classes, each class is 90 mins long. You can choose your class time on Sundays, from 8 am to 1 pm CST. Please email Yao Yao at firstname.lastname@example.org of the date and time you would love to start your class. Yao Yao is happy to assist you.
Certified tea art specialist / Licensed tea evaluation technician issued by China Ministry of Human Resource department
All levels are welcome.
Once the order is completed, we will ship the tea the next day, and you will get an email within 24 hours that includes a zoom link and printable PDF.
- Please review the course PDF.
- A notebook and pen.
- Prepare the following materials ( recommended ) for brewing the perfect cup of tea: water kettle, 16oz glass cup, thermometer, and scale.
- Be prepared to join class 5 minutes before it starts so you can make sure your audio and video are working.
- Please make sure you mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Please keep the camera on as this is an interactive course.
- We have a 24-hour class cancellation policy. Cancellations less than 24 hours will be charged full price.
- If you are late for class, the class will end at the original time.
- We can not be responsible for providing make-ups of missed classes. If we cancel the class, you will be issued a full refund. Absence is not refundable.